Escape the Room Games

Friday, January 4, 2008

Alan Moore is NOT Watching the Watchman - SendMeRSS

Watchmen

WatchmenWatchmen has surprised even the harshest of critics so far. Even original artist Dave Gibbons has praised the film's production for it's accuracy and amazing detail that Zack Snyder is putting into the big screen adaptation.

So what about creator Alan Moore, who has been extremely vocal in the past against the adaptations of his comics? Has he drunk the Kool Aid as well? Nope. Moore spoke with Wizard about the upcoming film, and here is what he said:

"I spoke to Dave [Gibbons] the other day. I got a piece of paper—they must've learned something from the V for Vendetta debacle. I got a piece of paper a couple of months ago saying, "I, the undersigned, hereby give you permission to take my name off of the film and to send my money to Dave Gibbons." So I sent that back to them all signed and sealed, which means that now I don't have to rant and spew about the film. I'm just simply not interested in it. Dave phoned me up, and it's always nice to talk to Dave, but he understands that I'm not really interested in "Watchmen." So when he phoned, he asked me if I was interested in being kept up to date on it, and I was saying, "Well, it's always nice to talk to you, but not really." I don't really know much about it. I believe that it's going ahead. I won't be watching it, obviously. I can at least remain neutral to it as long as they're taking my name off of it and not playing these silly, ultimately futile games like they were doing last time, which worked out so well for them. No, I'm keeping well away from all of that.

Director Snyder told fans at Comic Con 2007 that the best he can hope for is that Alan Moore will someday watch the DVD and say, “You know, they didn’t fuck it up that bad.”

"We all want to please Alan, and I think that's a noble thing to want to do. There's nothing wrong to get the guy who frickin' created the thing to not hate it, I don't think that's an outrageous thing to want," said Snyder. "I think the approach is to assume that the movie is better, and that's a mistake. I would never make any assumptions."

via: Collider

Link - Comments - orfilms@gmail.com (slashfilm.com) - Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:38:26 GMT - Feed (4 subs)
User comment: By: Allynd Dudnikov
I respect his decision, but, I really wish that he'd at least see the movie and realize that not all film maker are trying to distort his vision.
Visit here to subscribe to these comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from /Film.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal