Escape the Room Games

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Harvey Weinstein Wants Another Rambo Sequel? - SendMeRSS

Rambo

The latest film in the Rambo franchise opened just this past weekend to mediocre results. The film placed second below Meet the Spartans with a box office total of $18.1 million over the weekend. However, Harvey Weinstein, of The Weinstein Company, mentioned to Nikki Finke at Deadline Hollywood that he wants to see yet another sequel, and "even has a plot in mind 'bringing the character back to the United States'." Although the franchise presumably just finished up with the fourth Rambo film, apparently Harvey still has more in mind.

Harvey, who turns 56 in March, told Nikki Finke that "I like the idea of an older guy kicking ass. Maybe it's because I'm older, too." Who doesn't like the idea of a 61-year-old Sylvester Stallone kicking more ass? Our own reviewer Ken Evans said that he "applaud[s] Sylvester Stallone for giving us closure to his iconic characters" in his review of Rambo. What I've been hearing from almost every one of my friends is that actually isn't that bad of a film, but it's also a good final farewell to the beloved killing-machine character. But that's the key - everyone I've talked to has said it was a great farewell, which brings up the question of how a sequel would play out with fans of Rambo.

As with The Bourne Ultimatum, I have a feeling that fans wouldn't be very happy if they went on and made a fourth film. It's not at all because they would've love to see Matt Damon back again, it's that Ultimatum was such an amazing finale. Paul Greengrass really pulled off a great conclusion that built up through three films and ended perfectly. It would be a shame to see them try and restart the franchise that ended so perfectly, and the result probably wouldn't even come close to being as good. That's the same problem I foresee with trying to bring Rambo back as well.

For now, take this as just one big rumor. For all we know, Harvey could have just been saying that for the fun of it, and it's highly unlikely that another sequel will be made. Everything in this world is always taken out of context and rarely said seriously, and with Harvey Weinstein and Nikki Finke, I'm guessing that's the case. However, it is very fun to speculate and talk about such a rumor, so have at it!

Discover More: Hype, Movie News, Rumors

Link - Comments - Alex Billington - Mon, 28 Jan 2008 01:00:42 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: Gana
What a fantastic movie i ever seen...Sly can be say old but cannot be say in this film...he got same emotion and action in this rambo flick...He was the best among all. I still cannot believed that this 61 year old guy can act like that.running in jungle...Nice picturisation, realitic, Most of all action! action! action...Today's actors have to see him for hispassion on movies..Sound quality..excelent...have to see multiple time for satisfy...hell of ride action................
User comment: By: Andrew
I had a BLAST at this movie! Alex, you have to see it. As a matter of fact, when you (finally) get home, give me a ring and I'll meet you there.
User comment: By: Tommy Villarreal
I think that Stallone wants to bury his characters with dignity. We saw that in the last sequel of Rocky. I want to honor that and give him the best wishes...
User comment: By: Spider
Great flick! Respect to all fans of action and the"Rambo" series. I also give props to Sly for gracing us with his presence on the silver screen. Now Heckle on comment #3, you should really watch what you say and who you try to insult. There are legions of "Rambo" fans and fans of this great movie and nothing--absolutely nothing, gives you the right to bash the audience. It is quite clear, and I'm sure others will agree, that the biggest idiot and horse's ass commenting here is you!(comment #3) So back off get a life and take a hard look into the mirror then get a clue---you freakin IDIOT!!!
User comment: By: Heckle0
OMG...stop using my name. I am the only Heckle. Rambo was a good action movie and a fitting end to the series. I think they should end it here.
User comment: By: REAL6
The only feces that would be thrown is your own...
User comment: By: Heckle
Yeah...they should make another one. Have Rambo throw feces from his adult diapers at the Burmese. That one should be violent enough for the idiots that liked this film.
User comment: By: REAL6
I loved this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Leave it alone. They ended it perfect!!!! Even thou i wanna see Rambo kick more ass. How about Tango and Cash 2 or Cobra 2
User comment: By: shero
I think it is enough and he finish the collection ... But still who knows what will happen ! :-) Because we all know that the last Rocky and the last Rambo were a sly wish to show his abilities that he is not that old and he still can make good movies ... and he did a great job ... Again for me I think it is better to be the last one ... it is strange even I heard a lot about the last Rambo ..but I am not with a big hurry to watch it ..really strange ! And a small thing : every time I speak about Rambo and sly I remember him in the movie : ( Tango & Cash ) when sly character said : Rambo? Rambo is a pussy. :-) Don't get me wrong it was his words not mine :-) and look how the last Rambo is coming out !!! :-)
Visit here to subscribe to comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from FirstShowing.net.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal