Escape the Room Games

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

David Murray Cast As Destro - SendMeRSS

Dave120Destro has been cast a day after Duke. We get the scoop from our friends at IESB:

David Murray, mainly an actor of theatre, has been described as a cross between Alan Rickman and Clive Owen. A strong, good-looking dark haired actor, it is said he has a bit of an aristocratic snob quality about him. And although Destro had a minor role in the original animated “G.I. Joe: The Movie,” he is the main baddie this time around.

In the comics and the animated series, Destro's full name is James McCullen Destro XXIV, and is Laird of Castle Destro in the Scottish Highlands.He is currently the head of M.A.R.S. (Military Armament Research Syndicate) and wears a mask forged from Beryllium Steel.

Not sure what to say about Mr. Murray because I am not that familiar with his work. It appears he was a mook in Batman Returns and has other sundry screen appearances. He does have a decent list of stage productions however, and a classically trained, stage hardened actor is always welcome in my books.

What is concerning to me is a lack of the word Cobra in the information I am hearing about this project. The group known as M.A.R.S. certainly better not be the criminal origination that the Joes battle in this film. If we have a G.I. Joe film without cobra I think I may pass a cornish game hen through my piss hole in unbridled geek rage (+10).

In the meantime, it does look like a full cast is taking shape and soon we will have production news and rumors to dish about. I am still very skeptical about this one… and am certainly interested in learning more about this M.A.R.S. business.

Link - Comments - john@themovieblog.com (John Campea) - Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:28:08 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: AjaxLou
The site was down for most of the day I take it? Any Friday/Monday podcasts in the wings?
Visit here to subscribe to these comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from The Movie Blog.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal