A new article in Variety reveals a few new Cloverfield tidbits. Here are the interesting pieces:
- The film started out as an "elaborate 60-page treatment" by Lost writer Drew Goddard.
- Cloverfield features no musical score at all, "just source music and well-orchestrated ambient sound."
- The beginning of the film was show with a lightweight Panasonic HD HandyCam, "then moves into transitional sequences shot with a 3-lb. Canon for about a third of the film." The special effects shots were filmed with "the much-heavier" hi-res Sony F23 or Thomson Viper.
- One five-minute continuous master shot "incorporates 20 VFX elements."
- Director Matt Reeves promises "intimate contact” with the monster by the end of the 90-minute film.
- A digital version of Cloverfield will play on in a few hundred screens.
You can read the full article on Variety.com. Cloverfield hits theaters on 1-18-08.
User comment: By: Allynd Dudnikov@Jerry: Sorry about your sweatshirt, but just because the movie was filmed "with cameras from wal-mart's electronics dept" doesn't mean its going to be bad. I predict this movie will do fairly well.
User comment: By: Jerry ButlerFurthermore, this is looking to be a low budget operation. Bungling orders, shooting the movie with cameras from wal-mart's electronics dept. word of mouth will hopefully kill this bird the 1st day.
Visit here to subscribe to these commentsUser comment: By: Jerry ButlerThey are wack. slusho just decided to cancel the order I placed in the beginning of Dec without ever letting me know. I just wanted a damn sweatshirt. The transaction was pending, they just never deducted it in the end, won't answer any emails as to whether I have to make another order or what.
Sent using SendMeRss.com.