Escape the Room Games

Monday, January 28, 2008

Top 20 Geek Movies of All Time - SendMeRSS

We love our lists here, so I figured it was my sworn duty to cover this one. The list of the Top 20 Geek Movies of all time! I hold true to my geek status around here trumping even Doug and his Magic the Gathering playing and John’s occasional RPG playing.

Hop over to ListVerse to see their full explanation for this list:

20. Pirates of Silicon Valley 1999, Martyn Burke
19. Short Circuit 1986, John Badham
18. Hackers 1995, Iain Softley
17. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan 1982, Nicholas Meyer
16. WarGames 1983, John Badham
15. Repo Man 1984, Alex Cox
14. Planet of the Apes 1968, Franklin J. Schaffner
13. Alien Quadrilogy 1979, Ridley Scott
12. Akira 1988, Katsuhiro Ôtomo
11. Pi 1998, Darren Aronofsky
10. Office Space 1999, Mike Judge
9. The Original Star Wars 1977, George Lucas
8. The Matrix 1999, Larry and Andy Wachowski
7. Metropolis 1927, Fritz Lang
6. Brazil 1985, Terry Gilliam
5. Serenity 2005, Joss Whedon
4. Lord of the Rings 2001, Peter Jackson
3. Spaceballs 1987, Mel Brooks
2. Bladerunner 1982, Ridley Scott
And lastly..

1. 2001 1968, Stanley Kubric

Now the gauge of a geeky movie has to be by its quotability among geeks. So to express my favourites on the list, I will simply pay tribute to those I felt deserve this title.

No Disassemble! Khan!!!!! Would you like to play a game? Damn dirty apes. You Bitch! Akira! Its my stapler. That ain’t no moon. There is no spoon. In their proper place, the depths. I aim to misbehave. One Ring to rule them all. I see your Schwartz is just as big as mine. Routine retirement of a replicant. Hello Dave.

And in my bonifide geek status I revel in this list. An honourable mention was given to Tron which I felt could have squeaked in there instead of Repoman. But it ranks up there as well.

What movies do you think mark a geek? … or is it the geek that marks the movie?

Link - Comments - john@themovieblog.com (John Campea) - Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:46:17 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: Hero Stew
'Come with me if you want to live.'
User comment: By: krazie835
Where is the Terminator? I'll BE BACK!
User comment: By: Hero Stew
Great way to stop an argument: 'End of line.'
User comment: By: pandaboy99
TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON TRON
User comment: By: DarkKinger
Holy shit, I have seen all movies from 1 to 13! My personal favorite, #6: Brazil. "Don't suspect a friend-Report him." Ah, my favorite dystopian movie. Best one to use the reality/dream theme better than the Matrix sequels.
User comment: By: Crackpotpress
Ah Superman 2.... Brilliant... recently quoted on the American Dad Xmas special Kermit the Frog: You will bow before me son of god...
User comment: By: emilyk
No "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"? You can't be accepted into geek culture unless you can quote that movie from beginning to end.
User comment: By: Hero Stew
No Batman? 'I'm Batman' 'Where does he get those wonderful toys?' 'Never rub another mans rhubarb'
User comment: By: Hero Stew
Oops. I missed Brazil on the list. But no Life of Brian or The Holy Grail?
User comment: By: Hero Stew
Being a 36 year old geek. I haven't seen a few of the movies listed. Hackers? When I worked at a video store. People asked for that movie by saying,'you know the new computer movie with the girl with big lips.' No one ever quoted it. I have never heard anyone quote half these movies. No Kevin Smith? No Python? No Superman 2? Kneel Before Zod!
Visit here to subscribe to these comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from The Movie Blog.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal