Escape the Room Games

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Channing Tatum Confirmed as Duke in G.I. Joe Movie?


Channing Tatum Confirmed as Duke in G.I. Joe Movie

I'm very hesitant about running casting news nowadays, given that every "other" movie site out there thinks they have a scoop and jumps on it before anyone really confirms. With G.I. Joe especially, it has happened all too much and now I'm being a bit cautious. However, that doesn't mean we can't talk about the latest supposedly confirmed casting bit stating that Channing Tatum has been cast in the G.I. Joe movie. Ain't It Cool News claims to have actual confirmation that the 27-year-old actor will play the character Duke.

Tatum joins alongside of Sienna Miller, Ray Park, Rachel Nichols, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Said Taghmaoui, Marlon Wayans and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Duke is the field commander and second in command of the G.I. Joe team after Hawk, who has currently not been cast. Duke is one of the central characters in the G.I. Joe universe. I really hope the studio puts out a full cast list and updated synopsis soon so that there isn't any more confusion as to who we're missing or if they're even in the story.

The biggest complaint that's being brought up about Tatum is that he's a bit too young and too inexperienced to be playing someone as iconic as Duke. His previous films include She's the Man, Step Up, A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, and the upcoming Stop Loss. He was actually the better part of A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, but beyond that I hope this is his breakout mainstream role.

G.I. Joe is directed by Stephen Sommers (Deep Rising, The Mummy, Van Helsing) and written by both Stuart Beattie and Skip Woods. The movie arrives in theaters on August 7th, 2009.

Update: This casting has been officially confirmed by the studio, along with Dennis Quaid as General Hawk. More information on Quaid's casting can be found here.

0 comments:

 
Información Legal