Escape the Room Games

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sundance 2008 Day 3: Will Do Anything For Tickets! - SendMeRSS

Sundance signage

And they mean anything… Yes, I had a ticket to that Be Kind Rewind showing, but unfortunately I did not have an extra one - damn! Today has easily been one of the best days of the festival so far, all because I caught four films that were all pretty damn good. Now here's the oddest thing - out of some 12 movies that I've seen here so far, I think all of them have been comedic dramas. I haven't actually see a straight drama until Chronic Town tonight, but even that was somewhat comedic. I guess filmmakers are all about injecting some comedy into the world at the moment. And I'm wondering, is that the best stuff there is right now?

When I was at that premiere of Be Kind Rewind this afternoon, both U2's guitarist Edge and Dave Matthews showed up to watch. This is why I love Sundance: they weren't there for publicity, they weren't there to be in the spotlight, they were just there to watch movies like you and me. And for those of you obsessed with celebrities, that's a good thing, but for everyone else, it's still a good thing. They're just friends who were probably invited by ex-music video director Michel Gondry to come and enjoy his film's world premiere, and I love that attitude that can only be found and shared here at Sundance.

The fest continues onwards this week, and I'll be doing my very best to cover as much important regular news as I can while at the same time getting all my Sundance coverage out in a timely manner. Monday is looking great already - I have tickets for Chuck Palahniuk's Choke and Tarantino's Hell Ride so far, on top of a few others. Stay tuned for more!

Sundance 2008 Review List:

FRIDAY (JAN 18)
In Bruges - 8.5/10
The Yellow Handkerchief - 5/10
The Wackness - 9/10
Sunshine Cleaning - 6.5/10

SATURDAY (JAN 19)
Blind Date - 3/10
The Great Buck Howard - 8/10
Sleep Dealer - 5.5/10
Otto; or Up with Dead People - 0/10

SUNDAY (JAN 20)
Be Kind Rewind - 8/10
Smart People - 9/10
Pretty Bird - 7/10
Chronic Town - 7/10

Discover More: Sundance 08

Link - Comments - Alex Billington - Mon, 21 Jan 2008 02:49:29 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: Neil Miller
Hey dammit! I took that picture! Now, if only we had found out what they really meant when they said "anything"... That is such a broad statement.
User comment: By: Knox Films
What a great picture! Takes me back... On my one trip to Sundance I think I saw one film but I did a ton of networking and had an amazing time. Actually, I got distribution for my first doc while I was there so I guess it wasn't all just snow and booze!
Visit here to subscribe to comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from FirstShowing.net.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal