Escape the Room Games

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Iron Man Overload?

iron-man-marketing.jpgI've been thinking about this topic for a couple of weeks, but just haven't gotten around to writing about it until now. One the one hand, that's too bad because other sites like FirstShowing.net and SpoutBlog.com have beat me to the punch, but on the other there have been even more videos and images released since I started thinking about this.

What, you may ask, is "this?"

Iron Man marketing overload.

When is the release of more and more images, trailers and video clips for a summer blockbuster too much?

Now before anyone jumps all over me, as far as I'm concerned, no one on any movie news site has been a bigger supporter of this film longer than I have. I was upbeat about this movie from the very first announcement that Jon Favreau was directing it two years ago. I challenge you to go back and find any other movie site that has been behind Iron Man as consistently and for as long as Screen Rant has been. Fortunately it seems that our support of the film has been correct as all indications are that it is going to be awesome.

But at this point even I have to ask, when is enough, enough?

Although there has certainly been no lack of coverage here, I've made a conscious decision to start backing off on showing new images and video. I realize that probably a lot of our readers are hungry for every little new scrap of news, image or video related to Iron Man, but I'm thinking "Hey, let's leave a little something for the actual movie."

I mean, if the following video doesn't highlight the hype surrounding the footage that we've seen for the film so far, nothing does. If you're not familiar with "The Onion," it's the premiere satirical news site on the web. When they tackle Iron Man, you know things are getting out of hand.

Check it out and tell me there isn't more than a grain of truth behind it:

Running a movie site, it's difficult to avoid seeing all the new images and video, but I'm trying like hell to avoid seeing too much more of the film. Now people have said "give me a break, we've probably seen a combined total of 6 minutes of the movie." Granted, I'll give you that. But on the other hand one of the early reviews that has popped up, while overall praising the film, stated that we've already seen parts of all the action sequences in the film. In other words, there are no suprises left comprising of action sequences/battles that we won't already see coming from having watched all the existing footage.

As far as I'm concerned, the movie is now less than three weeks away, and I don't need to see another second of footage or new image from the film. As it is I've already seen more than enough to make me crazy-excited about Iron Man.

How about you?

Iron Man opens on May 2nd.

0 comments:

 
Información Legal