Escape the Room Games

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Update from Sarah Michelle Gellar on Alice - SendMeRSS

Alice

Ex-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Sarah Michelle Gellar has been previously rumored to be cast as Alice in the film adaptation of the video game Alice. The game is a dark and sinister re-invention of the Lewis Carroll classic that takes place in the Alice's Adventures in Wonderland universe. Ever since it came out in 2000 the game has been talked about as great inspiration for a feature film, but it's taken quite some years to get off the ground. Unfortunately now even eight years later, it's still stuck, especially with the writers strike, but Gellar chimes in with an update and promises she is still cast as Alice.

RadioFree.com recently caught up with Sarah Michelle Gellar and got a bit of a bland on Alice.

I mean, it's a passion project of mine. It's a story that I'd love to see. I'm fearful at this rate that I'm going to be the Queen of Hearts because I'm going to be too old to be Alice. [laughs] It's something I'd really like to see done. And unfortunately, it was the victim of regime change in the studio. And I'm not getting out. And contrary to what you may have read, it's still my project. [laughs] And I'm still working diligently. So to all those Alice fans, I'm not giving up. Because I believe there is such a beautiful, crazy, cool, twisted story to be told there. And if I have to get down and write it myself one of these days, I may have to…

2003's Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Pathfinder director Marcus Nispel has also been long attached to the film, but ever since it was mentioned as even in development, it's never gone further than that. And from the sounds of it, there still isn't a completed script ready to go. As much as I want this to happen and as much as I want the always attractive Sarah Michelle Gellar to finally take on the role of Alice, it just doesn't sound like it will get too far anytime soon. Why can't Alice be greenlit while Justice League dies?

The video game, released by Electronic Arts on PC and Mac in 2000, has received fairly positive critical appraise, with an 85 on Metacritic. The story is focus on Alice, who returns to a dark and sinister version of Wonderland as a young adult after her family is killed in a fire. Affected and changed by both the events in the real world and her surreal adventures "down the rabbit hole", Alice is now a disturbed little girl.

Alice

Discover More: Movie News

Link - Comments - Alex Billington - Thu, 17 Jan 2008 05:45:42 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: Jedi
"And if I have to get down and write it myself one of these days, I may have to…" Oh no. Please, no. It's bad enough that she's playing the role, please don't try to write it too. Sorry, I love SMG, but this just doesn't seem to be the right casting to me. I hope that I'm proven wrong in the end, but I guess only time will tell.
User comment: By: Zach D.
Well, at least you have Tim Burton doing his take on Alice in Wonderland.
Visit here to subscribe to comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from FirstShowing.net.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal