Escape the Room Games

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

John August Doesn’t Mind If You Watch His Film Illegally - SendMeRSS

The NinesThe Nines was one of the best films of last year, although, chances are you never saw it. I think John August's directorial debut didn’t get much further than a couple screens, which is a crying shame if you ask me. Thankfully the film is hitting DVD store shelves later this month. I highly recommend it.

But in a highly strange move, screenwriter turned director and self professed tech geek,  August has announced to his fans that The Nines is now available illegally on Bit Torrent.

"You can loan a DVD, without passing along that troubling knowledge that you've done something illicit," August writes, adding "But if these reasons and/or your conscience doesn't persuade you, it's not hard to find The Nines online. And won't think less of you. Probably."

Wow. But I want to support this film with my money, so I'll be putting down the cash on January 29th. I recommend you do the same. But what does my moral opinion matter when the filmmaker is telling you that he doesn't care as long as you check out his movie.

Link - Comments - orfilms@gmail.com (slashfilm.com) - Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:27:50 GMT - Feed (4 subs)
Visit here to subscribe to these comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from /Film.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal