Escape the Room Games

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cloverfield Advanced Screening - SendMeRSS

Cloverfield movieI'll be sitting down to watch the long awaited Cloverfield movie in about 2 1/2 hours. I've promised Paramount that I wouldn't publish my review until Friday, but after I see it I will be updating this post to at least give you the thumbs up or thumbs down on it.

Cloverfield has been the recipient of a monster (pun intended) viral marketing campaign and as my buddy John points out at The Movie Blog, there is the possibility that this could end up being another Snakes on a Plane. If you recall that film generated a TON of online buzz (not much in the "real" world, though) and it ended up tanking big time at the box office.

Having said that, I think this is a different case: This is more of a mainstream horror/monster movie with the appeal of being "different" in the way it was shot with the personal digicam POV. Yes, that was done in The Blair Witch Project but I don't want to make any comparisons to that movie (which have started popping up all over due to AICN's mention of it reference to this film) until I actually see watch this one tonight.

We'll see if this lives up to all the excitement. :-)

TrackBack (0) | Comments (4)

Link - Vic Holtreman - Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:21:38 GMT - Feed (1 subs)

Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from Screen Rant.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal