Escape the Room Games

Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscars Fashion: A Live Blog By Sweet P Of ‘Project Runway’ - SendMeRSS

Sweet PShe may have left “Project Runway” but we believe in Sweet P here, so tonight we’re turning over our live Oscar fashion blog to the designer. Plus, don’t miss Ms. P’s post-Oscars fashion analysis on TRL tomorrow where she’ll be dishing it all up live with our own Tim Kash. But enough about that. Here is Sweet P with her live red carpet commentary (plus check out our red carpet fashion flipbook here)! Take it away, P!

Hi, everyone! This is my first time blogging my opinions about fashion. Yippee! Finally someone will listen to me! You know my dream job is to be a Fashion Officer. I want to write tickets for some much needed makeovers.

OK, here we go.
Heidi Klum on the 2008 Oscars red carpet
Wow , it is slow going.

My first victim is………oh, how appropo…

6:15PM: Heidi Klum in a great-fitting RED Galliano gown. of course she is stunning but I do not like the big collar thing it looks as if Galliano was inspired by Christian & Chris’ Avante Garde look. A bit too Cruella de Ville. She still looks gorgeous though. I do like that her dress will be auctioned off and benefit a charity.

6:30PM: Jason Bateman and George Clooney. I love both of theses men. So so handsome. I think they are wearing the same out fit. A black suit Or is this a Tux. ( I am not a men’s Fashion Expert. ) White shirt and back bow-tie. They both have the perfect accessory. A clean-shaven handsome face.
Amy Ryan on the 2008 Oscars red carpet
6:45PM: Amy Ryan. Simple off-shoulder navy dress. Fit is perfect and the one shoulder is very NOW. Simply Elegant.

6:48PM: Kristen Chenoweth. Wow who is this beautiful girl? I think she looks the best so far. Absolutely stunning. Strapless black ruched gown. I will keep watching to see who made her dress. I love it.
Anne Hathaway on the 2008 Oscars red carpet
6:50PM: Anne Hathaway in a Red Marchesa gown. One shoulder with a bouquet of fabric cut flowers draped from one shoulder to bust line. Absolutey stunning. I love her hair up in a ponytail and clean make-up with hint of lips.

6:53PM: John Travolta and Kelly Preston. Kelly in a orange Roberto Cavalli strapless chiffon gown. I love the bright color even though it is Cavalli the dress looks good on her (remember he is the judge who hated my peacock dress).

6:55PM: More red on Miley Cyrus. Pretty square-neck Valentino gown. A bit too old looking for her but she is still soooo cute.

6:56PM: Steve Carrell. Same as guys above…
Jennifer Garner on the 2008 Oscars red carpet
6:58PM: Laura Linney and Jennifer Garner. Are they BFFs? Laura Linney in Michael Kors. Strapless Black gown. She looks fantastic. Not too loud. Her hair and make-up is nice. Jennifer in a black strapless as well, not sure who it is by but I love her hair make-up and diamond necklace. These two girls look fabulous and classy together.

Oohh crap…who is that guy? Is he drunk? Whoa, it’s Gary Busey.

7:03PM: Daniel Day-Lewis. I don’t care what he is wearing. He is the best actor in the whole world.

7:05PM: Saorise Ronan. Jade Alberta Ferriti Chiffon gown with lace detail. So pretty for a young girl. I think she looks age appropriate.
Amy Adams on the 2008 Oscars red carpet
7:07PM: Amy Adams. This dark emerald Proenza Schoeler Gown with her hair and bag look a little too Jessica Rabbit. Take this as you may.

7:09PM: Jessica Alba. Stunning in a deep Purple Marchesa gown with Empire Waist and feathers (another big trend.)

7:10PM: Cameron Diaz. In pale pink sculptural Dior. I am trying to like it but it is not my favorite. It looks too tight around the hips (jeez what size is it?).

7:15PM: Hilary Swank in black Versace one shoulder with flower detail. I like the back and the train but the rest I don’t like. Last year’s dress was way way better. Damn, usually I love what she wears. Bummer.

Marion Cotillard - Jean Paul Gautier mermaid dress. Sexy: yes. Now: no. She is sexy but this dress is ick.

7:20PM: Viggo Mortensen. Hey his outfit looks different than the other guys. I like it wide lapels stripe tie and a red rose. Is he with his daughter? Cute. He is so handsome. WOW!
Rene Zellweger on the 2008 Oscars red carpet
7:22PM: Ellen Page. Black tiered dress. Hey, where did she go? I want to see her.

7:25: Rene Zellweger looks great. I like her shimmery dress.

8:27: Katherine Heigl - I love her in all her gorgeousness, but this look is too yesterday’s glamour not NOW glamour. The dress is red asymmetrical which seems to be the biggest trend of the night but I think her hair and make-up ruin it.

Cate Blanchett, another mom-to-be. I love her dress of navy satin with metallic embroidery. It looks stunning on her…I must find out who made it.

So far my favorites are:
- Cate Blanchett
- Kristen Chenoweth
- Anne Hathaway
- Jessica Alba

I hope with all my heart that Daniel Day-Lewis wins for Best Actor. I love him.

Thanks everyone! Let’s watch the show now.

xoxo,
Sweet P, Fashion Expert

Link - Comments - MTV Movies Team - Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:40:30 GMT - Feed (1 subs)
User comment: By: Rebecca
Great Job Sweet P! Although Marion Cotillard, I thought, looked amazing! Love You!
User comment: By: carolyn
Way to go SweetPea. Excellent Commentary. Fun cool designer. Lucky you at the Oscars. Nicole Kidman also looked beautiful with her handsome husband.
User comment: By: bagger's boy
Jon Stewart is disappointing so far. Btw, what did you make of Francis Ford Coppola's Youth Without Youth? It didn't get very good reviews, but it's a more engaging film than many of those being given awards tonight. Here's an interesting discussion of the film.
User comment: By: Edie
Sweet P. I love you! I came over here to MTV to read your blog. Never been here before. Thanks MTV for having the fabulous Sweet P on! NOW,I can check out the photos...
User comment: By: gotux
It seems like dudes are rocking the class tuxes tonight.
User comment: By: jim c
Sweet P rules!! :)
User comment: By: timfan
no contest - the best-dressed person on the carpet is Tim Kash!
User comment: By: rookie
We love Sweet P!!!
Visit here to subscribe to these comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from MTV Movies Blog.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal