Escape the Room Games

Friday, February 29, 2008

Must Watch: Brand New Get Smart Trailer! - SendMeRSS

Get Smart Trailer

A brand new trailer for Get Smart has finally debuted. I talked extensively about how awesome this was in my WonderCon coverage, and now it's finally here! Get Smart stars Steve Carell as Agent 86 and Anne Hathaway as Agent 99 and is based on the classic Mel Brooks TV show. This looks amazingly hilarious! I know I say that a lot, but this time I'm 100% there. Steve Carell looks like he's going to pull off Maxwell Smart almost better than Don Adams, and even Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson looks hilarious. And did I mention Anne Hathaway is smokin' hot? Especially in those cute pink undies… Now I'm think you really NEED to watch this!

Watch the new trailer for Get Smart:

You can also watch the Get Smart trailer in High Definition at Apple

Get Smart is directed by comedic mastermind Pete Segal, who previously directed Naked Gun 33 1/3, Tommy Boy, Anger Management and 50 First Dates. The script was writen by Tom J. Astle (Failure to Launch) and Matt Ember (Failure to Launch). The movie is based on the classic 1960's TV show created by Mel Brooks. Get Smart hits theaters everywhere this summer on June 20th.

Get Smart Poster

Discover More: Hype, Trailers, Worth Watching

Link - Comments - Alex Billington - Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:31:06 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: Eric
Personally, I think the trailer looks great. The silences are the funniest bit, just as they should be, and Steve Carell is the only guy who could pick up Don Adams' phone shoes (which had better make an appearance!) and make it work, in my opinion. Anne Hathaway looks stunning, of course, and I expect she'll have fun in the role. Looking forward to seeing it. I have fond memories of watching the show as a kid.
User comment: By: psycho.chicken
I was quite enjoying the whole thing until you wrote "comedic mastermind Pete Segal". I'm sorry but your either a fan boy or an idiot. Tho I LOVED that trailer, it might just actually be good. And Anne Hathaway oh MAN!
User comment: By: hardhittinadrianp
wow! I Love the Trailer!
User comment: By: butane bob
Oh god, this looks terrible. Steve Carell is talented but keeps getting stuck in shitty movies, such a shame.
User comment: By: Devin
Ah, yes, clearly you have gathered that there is a lack of intellectual humor from a 2 minute clip.
User comment: By: Dude
Sorry, but this is flat compared to the original show. They are trying to hard to be a cross of action and comedy, and as a result lose all the intellectual humor. They need to keep it along the lines of the Naked Gun and they would have something. And Steve Carell is nowhere near Don Adams in funny.
User comment: By: Chris Clarke
Good grief. Steve Carell is one of the few people who could pull this off. However, I don't think the show can be properly adapted for today's audience. The trailer ends with an homage to the TV show, "Missed it by that much" in Don Adams' voice. The "cone of silence" gag looks like it's completely off the mark. And all the James Bond references from the TV show will be completely lacking, since this is a modern telling of the story. Back then, everyone knew Bond, so the jokes were easy to pick up on. Today, nobody knows who James Bond is, lost within all the crap knock-off spy movies. How did the people who wrote "Failure to Launch" land this writing gig?
User comment: By: az_runner
Okay. So I am one of the lucky few who have actually seen this movie. A friend invited me to a viewing and he wouldn't tell me what I was going to see. Anyway, the movie is unbelievably hilarious. This trailer looks great, but I can honestly say it doesn't do the movie justice. I don't think I have ever laughed that hard and for that long. I can't wait to see it again as I am sure I laughed straight through some great jokes. This WILL BE the funniest movie of the year.
User comment: By: T.E.Z.
The trailer looks GREAT! The cone of silence wasn't much of a cone even for the future now was it, but I think Anne Hathaway is STUNNING! She has alook that we should see more of. Now let me see if I can find a shot of those pink panties I've been hearing about. Can't wait to see the movie. OH, this is for the guy who hates Anne Hathaway. You must be joking!
User comment: By: Brian
Are you serious? Pete Segal, comedic mastermind? Have you actually SEEN 50 First Dates or Anger Management?
User comment: By: JC
I love the quote: "That's CIA crap"
User comment: By: Dead Rooster
I didn't know about this! Thanks for posting! I always loved Get Smart and I think Steve Carell was a great choice to play Maxwell Smart.
User comment: By: Michelle
Why does it have to be PG13? Come on! My 8 year old LOVES Get Smart and has been waiting for this for 2 years! Maybe we can take him to see it anyway....and he won't be scarred for life seeing 99 in her undies. Or maybe he'll like it, who knows?
User comment: By: Nathan
Looks like a dog to me.
User comment: By: Dusty
OK... I had a lot of Nasty, mean things to say about you touting this as a good film until I just saw that trailer. I can't wait to see my wife's face when she sees that screen shot of one of her favorite actresses.(yes, my wife LOVED Ella Enchanted and the Princess Diaries 1 & 2) Oh Alex, I have to bring up that Anne Hathaway will be at ShoWest, she is accepting the Female Star of the Year. .. but then again.. you are heading back south before the awards night... doubt we will see the pink panties.. but she is attractive and fun either way.
User comment: By: Charlie
This might, MIGHT actually be funny! Hurray!
User comment: By: Avelanch
hmmmm a high tech cone of silence? I don't think I like that, it ruins the entire bit. It definately seems funny, but the TV show still looks better, even after all these years... I think I'll wait to rent it instead.
User comment: By: woogie
Wow, Hathaway looks absolutely stunning. This trailer just made my hangover headache worse from all the laughing... well worth it though!
User comment: By: Dr.Duvel
ok, the concept did nothing for me, but that trailer is pitch perfect. Top silence timing.
User comment: By: Colin Dean
This movie is full of win.
Visit here to subscribe to comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from FirstShowing.net.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal