Escape the Room Games

Friday, February 29, 2008

Final Poster for Pixar's Wall-E! - SendMeRSS

Wall-E Poster

At this point in time I'm absolutely obsessed with all things Wall-E. After the footage we were shown at WonderCon, I know for an absolute fact that it's going to be a wonderfully brilliant and amazing movie and I can't wait for it to arrive this summer. Although Pixar sadly skipped over us just last week regarding a visit to the Pixar studios to check out Wall-E (and instead took every other website), which I would have killed to attend, my feelings haven't changed and I'll still be pimping everything related to Wall-E from now until June 27th. AICN has scored the final poster for Wall-E and you can check it out in all of its blue glory below.

The first teaser poster for Wall-E might have been cuter than this one, but I prefer the overall finished look and blue tones in this final poster. One of these is going up on my wall as soon as I can get my hands on one!

Wall-E

What if mankind had to leave Earth, and somebody forgot to turn the last robot off?

After hundreds of lonely years of doing what he was built for, WALL•E (short for Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-Class) discovers a new purpose in life (besides collecting knick-knacks) when he meets a sleek search robot named EVE. EVE comes to realize that WALL•E has inadvertently stumbled upon the key to the planet's future, and races back to space to report her findings to the humans (who have been eagerly awaiting word that it is safe to return home). Meanwhile, WALL•E chases EVE across the galaxy and sets into motion one of the most exciting and imaginative comedy adventures ever brought to the big screen.

Wall-E is both written and directed by Pixar's own Andrew Stanton, who wrote and directed A Bug's Life and Finding Nemo. The movie will arrive in theaters everywhere this summer on June 27th.

What does everyone else think of Wall-E? Am I the only one this excited for it?

Discover More: Hype, Posters

Link - Comments - Alex Billington - Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:28:55 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: avoidz
WALL•E still looks like a chibi Johnny Five, and I guess I'm not the target audience for these cutesy-pie characters (I still have images of Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend in my head), but Pixar's kiddie movies make truckloads of cash each time. We can expect more and more of the same.
User comment: By: kevjohn
Preach on, Ramez! I've been preaching the same sermon lately. How come we have to depend upon Japan for all our non-kiddie animation? I know Pixar makes a mint with movies like this, what with all the fast food tie-ins and Mt. Dew marketing and whatnot, but you're telling me they wouldn't see a nice profit delivering a G.I.T.S. or Appleseed-type film to us, the animation-loving public? C'mon Pixar, grow some (computer animated) balls.
User comment: By: Ramez
Yes and no. Pixar movies are always a joy (except cars) however I want a more mature american based animated film. I preach the same thing in every animation related post :P
User comment: By: Dusty
well .. I think we will all see redundant posts here... Truly excited for the film, the first animated I have had this much excitement for in a long time... and YES, I am more excited for this than I ever was for Beowulf
User comment: By: kevjohn
What Ross said. I was all afire to see this one, until I read that synopsis you just posted. Sounds an awful lot like Titan A.E. to me.
User comment: By: Ross
No Alex, you're definitely not the only one. I'm normally not so taken by Pixar's 'cute' characters, but Wall-E has completely won me over. I can't wait to see the little guy's story.
Visit here to subscribe to comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from FirstShowing.net.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal