Escape the Room Games

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jaden Smith Joins The Day the Earth Stood Still Cast - SendMeRSS

Jaden Smith

One of the most interesting casting announcements has just hit and it's making the rounds as big news, something which only the Smith family could pull off. 9-year-old Jaden Christopher Syre Smith, son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, has been cast in The Day the Earth Stood Still as 8-year-old Jacob. He joins alongside of Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Connelly, who plays his mother Helen Benson, Kathy Bates and Jon Hamm. Is this still the most hated Hollywood remake or has it finally gained some credibility casting lil' Jaden?

The Day the Earth Stood Still is a "contemporary reinvention", as it's now being officially referred to, of the 1951 classic sci-fi thriller, and is being directed by Scott Derrickson (of The Exorcism of Emily Rose). Jaden, who you may remember from The Pursuit of Happyness, will play the rebellious Jacob, the stepson of scientist Helen Benson (played Jennifer Connelly) who first makes contact with the humanoid alien Klaatu (played by Keanu Reeves). Jacob and stepmother Helen get caught up in Klaatu's mission, coming to understand the ramifications of his being a self-described "friend to the Earth."

Back when the news of this remake first broke, the reaction was tremendously negative. I don't think anyone thought it was a good idea. However, as this has been developing, things have honestly started to sound a bit better. Keanu Reeves, well, let's not talk about him. But Jennifer Connelly and now Jaden Smith, both of them are great casting choices. Am I wrong? Unless the trailer looks terrible, I'm still fully interested in this.

Discover More: Casting News, Movie News

Link - Comments - Alex Billington - Tue, 15 Jan 2008 01:47:49 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: Josh
What about Youngblood? It was his first job in a film I think. Should I mention The Girt, for which he received Oscar buzz? Look you're obviously prejudiced when it comes to Keanu. Did you know his IQ is 160? He's got a fuzzillion fans. I have found that his fans tend to be a lot smarter than his detractors. Just an observation.
User comment: By: Avelanch
Josh, you failed to mention Youngblood
User comment: By: Josh
You're dissing a movie star who's been A-list for over 15 years. Wow the nerve! Jaden is adorable and capable but he doesn't lend "credibility" to this film. This is Keanu's 50th film; he lent it credibility from the start. People's fascination with Neo saved Warner Bros from bankruptcy, and there's no need to mention Speed, Point Break, My Own Private Idaho, River's Edge and a dozen other classic movies he starred in. Jennifer Connelley is an Oscar winning actress. Kathy Bates. You need a brain transplant my friend.
User comment: By: Avelanch
Nathan: Yeah, you should definatly check out PoH, its a great movie. It was Jayden's first movie and he did an amazingly great job at it. I don't think there would be many people who would not recommend that movie.
User comment: By: Nathan
Avelanch, maybe I wasn't clear. I was genuinely unsure of why he is a plus to the movie. I have never seen "The Pursuit of Happyness," so I cannot call upon any past performances of his. Now that I know, I think I'll definately have to check it out before I render a final judgement.
User comment: By: Avelanch
Nathan: He makes it credible because he is an amazing actor (pursiut of Happyness come to mind?). Name me a better actor who is 7-9 years old who would play the part better. what? you can't? I thought so.
User comment: By: Nathan
I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something. How does adding Jayden Smith lend credibility? I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't know. Jennifer Connelly, hell yes! I love her in anything she's in (or not in, if you catch my drift *eyebrows waggling*)
User comment: By: Ryan
Need a trailer or some photos to see how it looks like.
User comment: By: David Graham
Bad Idea all round - if ever a film didnt need remade this is it!! I would quite happily pay to see the original in a cinema now.
User comment: By: Avelanch
It's starting to sound more credible to me. Hopefully it doesn't suck and ruin jayden's young acting career. and come on, keanu reeves? playing an ALIEN is probably his most natural axcting role of his career, other than maybe his character in Bill and Ted's excellent adventure.
User comment: By: Keith
I have never heard of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" up until this point, either as the original or the remake (is that bad?), but the casting alone makes me take notice. I want a trailer.
Visit here to subscribe to comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from FirstShowing.net.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal