Escape the Room Games

Monday, March 3, 2008

Will Ferrell on Will Ferrell's Future Movies - SendMeRSS

Will Ferrell

With America caught up in another Will Ferrell movie opening this weekend (Semi-Pro that is), it's time to talk about even more Will Ferrell movies. He's got at least two projects in the works, including Land of the Lost and Old School Dos, that sound fairly interesting, on top of more I'm sure we haven't heard about. AICN interviewed Ferrell and got an update on both of those movies and more. Unfortunately it's not all good news, but at least it's all worthwhile news. Especially if you're getting bummed out by the overabundance of the same ol' Ferrell comedy.

Ferrell has been cast alongside of Danny McBride in the upcoming remake of the 1970's children's fantasy TV series Land of the Lost. Directed by Brad Silberling (of Casper and City of Angels), Ferrell plays Park Ranger Rick Marshall who finds himself lost in a land of dinosaurs and Sleestaks. At first thought, this remake could turn out to be something quite cheesy and too childish, especially considering it was a kid's show originally. However, Ferrell promises otherwise.

"[Land of the Lost] will be PG-13, which I understand why that is and yet we still want [edge]. It's right up to an R and we are going to pull that line with the studio, because I already had an experience with Kicking and Screaming. Kicking and Screaming was supposed to be more of a Bad News Bears type comedy and they kind of [made it PG]."

An almost-R-rated Land of the Lost movie? Wow, that actually doesn't sound half bad, but I'm still concerned. As far as I'm thinking, this is going to be like Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D with Ferrell instead of Brendan Fraser slapped together with Jurassic Park III into one big mess. But I could be looking too far into it, especially since I've never seen the original show. Ferrell even says that it's "going to be insane" and that even he has "never worked on a movie [like this one]."

Any fans out there know whether a PG-13 Land of the Lost with Will Ferrell actually sounds good?

AICN also asked Ferrell about a project titled A Confederacy of Dunces, based on a book by John Kennedy Toole of the same name. Unfortunately Ferrell said that an adaptation is "gone" even though a script that Ferrell loved was already finished. Another idea that he says is dead, too: Elf 2. And yet another idea that Ferrell says is dead, too: Old School Dos. Well, not exactly, but it doesn't sound like it's getting very far - even Ferrell doesn't like the script that Todd Phillips (Road Trip, School for Scoundrels) and Scot Armstrong (The Heartbreak Kid, Semi-Pro) penned.

"I read [the script]. Some super funny set pieces, but I don't know. I think Vince [Vaughn] had the same reaction. We're just kind of doing the same thing again. It was like us going to Spring Break, but we've got to find this guy who's the head of a fraternity. Once again, funny things but it's just us once again back in a fraternity setting. It just felt like it was repeating. But watch, I'm over thinking it."

That's probably one of the wisest statements I've ever heard Ferrell make in relation to a comedy. At least someone out there is smart enough to recognize the crap from the good stuff. But as I initially mentioned, I'm wondering whether Ferrell is burning out. Not everyone seems to enjoy his movies any more and he isn't hitting the high notes like he did a few years back. So does that mean Step Brothers or Land of the Lost won't be any good?

Well I won't hold my breath until Land or Brothers, and I will still see both and still enjoy both, but I probably won't love them like I love his previous films (e.g. Anchorman, Old School, Elf). Hopefully I'm wrong, but only time will tell.

Discover More: Discussion, Movie News

Link - Comments - Alex Billington - Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:24:45 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: Spider
Will Ferrell is good! But it seems as though he's beginning to overexpose himself amidst the carbon copies of his earlier flicks and going back to the tried and true of formulas--a la Eddie Murphy and his multiple character comedies. Another sports flick or retro-sports-comedy this year in the form of "Semi Pro" has opened at multiplexes and I'm actually sitting this one out. Don't get me wrong- he's funny, but a little too repetitious for my taste.
User comment: By: Curtis
I love Will Ferrell's movies and everyone i knows loves them to. His upcoming movies should be hilarious i cant wait...
My favorite book of all time. I hear Will Ferrell is being considered to play Dunces' main character ignatius J. Reilly. I did not know that it was now 'gone" Belushi, Candy and I believe Victor Bono (King Tut in the Bat man series) were all considered. They all died. I wonder when if ever it will be brought to the screen. The character requires an aura of erudition and pompousness. I think Will can do the later; I don't know about the former. I would rather it be an unknown. Will seems to play himself in every role.
User comment: By: Ryan
Will Ferrell is hilarious and with Will Smith, he is one of the few actors with only a few bombs, and even the bombs do better than most movies.
Visit here to subscribe to comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from FirstShowing.net.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal