Escape the Room Games

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Boondock Saints 2? Say It Ain't So!

The Boondock SaintsAccording to SlashFilm, the ostensibly long-awaited sequel to The Boondock Saints has been greenlit. All the main actors whose characters were alive at the end of the original are planning to return, with the notable exception of Willem Dafoe. (Apparently he's the only sane one in the bunch.) What really fascinated me about the original was how much backlash I received for having the audacity to write a negative review of the film right here on Screen Rant a few years ago. I thought the film was terrible, and that clearly didn't sit well with fans.

Some of the readers respectfully disagreed with me (which is perfectly okay — and appreciated), but many of the comments were insulting, inflammatory, threatening or a combination of the three. Things got so rowdy after a while that the webmaster ended up having to completely disable the comment feature for that review. I have been writing movie reviews for Screen Rant for about four years, and I have never seen a stronger reader response than I did for The Boondock Saints. What was/is the big deal? It's just a movie; some people liked it, while others (including me) did not.

So what do you think? Did Sony do the right thing by greenlighting a sequel? Will the movie-going public still want to see a sequel, even though it has been nearly a decade since the original was released? Am I still an idiot (or worse) because I didn't like the original? Given how chaotic and unpredictable the movie development process can be in Hollyweird, will this sequel actually see the light of day?

0 comments:

 
Información Legal