A few days ago an image was making the rounds that purported to be the first one from the Wolverine standalone movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was frankly, pretty lame so I didn't bother posting it.
But now this... this is freakin' Wolverine, baby!
Among the minor tidbits Hugh Jackman let slip in an interview with USA Today, (some of which were already known) are the following:
- Jackman will be pushing the character even further on the intensity scale in the movie.
- The story is a prequel to the first X-Men movie.
- He'll meet his first mutants in the film.
- The Weapon X program (which was responsible for grafting the adamantium into his skeletal system) will figure prominently in the movie.
- Sabretooth plays a big part in the movie.
- We'll be seeing cameos of mutants recognized from the X-Men universe.
Based on the image above, what would make me do a happy dance would be if this Wolverine movie were to end up with an R-rating, but I'll bet you a box of Krispy Kremes that'll never happen. :-)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine is scheduled to open on May 1st, 2009.