Escape the Room Games

Friday, February 15, 2008

Exclusive George Romero Column: Why You Should See ‘Diary Of The Dead’ - SendMeRSS

George RomeroArticle by George Romero

I’m George Romero, and to all you fans out there, and those who aren’t my fans but are reading this anyway, I’ve got a new movie, one I love, coming out today. It’s called “Diary of the Dead,” and it’s a return to my roots, to the days of “Night of the Living Dead” when it was just me and my friends working to put something we cared about on the screen.

It was great to be able to do things my own way again, to have the freedom to come up with ideas on the spur of the moment and not have anyone leaning over my shoulder and telling me all the reasons that I couldn’t.

What I came up with – what “Diary of the Dead” is – is a fresh start for me as a filmmaker. It represents pretty much everything I know how to do, and a lot of what I think these days.

It’s about a group of student filmmakers making a mummy movie in the woods when something even more horrifying happens — the living dead come back to life.

People tell me it’s scary. I hope it is, but not just because it’s a about things that go bump in the night. I hope you’ll be frightened by what it says about how we live. The zombies could be any big catastrophe that’s happened to any of us – scary because of how it suddenly turns the world on its ass and forces us out of our happy, sometimes thoughtless lives.

And, of course, scary because if you’re not careful, you might get chomped by a walking dead person.

I hope you all go to see this movie and, most important, I hope you’ll have an opinion about it. That’s what we need more of these days, Opinions. Convictions. A little independent thinking.

It’s a frightening world we’re living in – in movie theaters and out – and I wanted “Diary” to echo some of that fear. We’re all getting the flesh chewed off our bones, one way or the other. So let me know what you think of the movie. In the meantime, I’ll sign off the way I usually do.

Stay scared,
George A. Romero
(Check out our interview with George A. Romero on MTVNews.com)

Link - Comments - MTV Movies Team - Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:49:59 GMT - Feed (1 subs)
User comment: By: jgr
Hey George... with all due respect to your pioneering status and past achievements... spare us... you're about old enough to be considered Walking Dead yourself now, aren't you? And your political commentary is now about as brainless and lifeless as the zombies in your tired old films. If you want to do something positive in the world put your money toward something more valuable than making yet ANOTHER flesh-eating zombie movie. Otherwise you just come off as everyone else trying to make a buck. Thankfully I can download your no doubt painfully formulaic undead flick for free off the Internets. And if you're only doing it to raise social consciousness, then you won't mind me saving my $12 for something more useful.
User comment: By: Shawn Fornari
It will defintely be worth taking a look at--especially if its the George Romero. No film scared me like his movie, "Night Of The Living Dead." I still get the chills when I watch it. Go George!
User comment: By: Tracy Kroft
George, i just heard about your new film, its playing in one house in san diego but i cant wait to see it. me and my girlfriend will go tonight as a romantic post valentines day "date" i will let you know what i think. Tracy
User comment: By: Nerfknight
Braaaains!
User comment: By: Wolf
Dead people coming back to life has gotten stale after so many movies. But when I want a real fright over things I can't explain I check out a site called Rochester Paranormal. They are so good even the adertisers at Paranormal State use their name to confuse peole on Google site listings. http://www.supernaturalparanormal.com. Myself and all my friends would love to see George A. Romero work with the guy who runs that site!
Visit here to subscribe to these comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from MTV Movies Blog.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal