Written by David Morgan
With the strike over, studios are scrambling to strategically alter their lineups for the next two years. Paramount and Fox have already had their say, here's a short list of Disney's new plans:
- Old Dogs (indeed, a follow up to last year's surprise hit comedy Wild Hogs), starring John Travolta, Robin Williams, and Seth Green will hit theaters on April 10th, 2009.
- The Hannah Montana Movie will debut opposite Wolverine on May 1st, 2009.
- Surrogates, a futuristic cop movie starring Bruce Willis, will be out in time for Thanksgiving, November 20th, 2009.
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time comes out on June 16th instead of July 10th, allowing it to precede guaranteed blockbuster Transformers II as well as Ice Age III.
- G-Force, the live action/CG family film about a group of talking, crime-fighting, government-created lab animals, will be released on July 24, 2009.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic, rom-com with Isla Fisher and Hugh Dancy, February 13, 2009.
- The Proposal, rom-com starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, moved from Valentine's Day to September 25th, 2009.
- Race to Witch Mountain, March 13, 2009.
- Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, March 19, 2010.
- South of the Border has been retitled Beverly Hills Chihuahua (sounds like a winner).
- High School Musical 3 is officially being called High School Musical 3: Senior Year.