Escape the Room Games

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Transformers 2 Update: Michael Bay Writing the Script?! - SendMeRSS

Michael Bay on Transformers

Of all things to report on today, the best news just happens to be about Transformers 2 and everyone's favorite action movie director, Michael Bay. The annual Visual Effects Society awards took place last Monday night and just about everyone from Transformers was there, including Megan Fox, Michael Bay and the entire ILM visual effects team. Multiple sources have quotes straight from Bay's mouth on the project, including that Bay has been writing the script himself! If you're a hardcore Transformers fan or if you loved the Transformers movie last summer, then you need to read on. Bay and company spill so many juicy details that it would make any Transformers fan foam at the mouth.

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, they just did. I'm not as big of a Michael Bay hater as some people, but that doesn't mean he knows how to write a good script. Rotten Tomatoes asked Bay about the status of Transformers 2 and he told them some very interesting news.

"I've been writing Transformers 2," said Bay. "We've got our characters all designed. I always write all my scripts, my movies anyway so at least I've got something to give the writers. It's like a template. We have a really good outline so I worked on that."

Why, oh why, do you ask? Michael Bay is such a diligent director and so excited about that sequel that he wouldn't like the strike prevent him from working. "We had to because I want to make my date. I'm not going to let the strike take me down." I'm glad he's sticking with the date Paramount set of June 26th, 2009 next summer. To be honest, I don't think Michael Bay is that bad, but I know some other people will say that it is an absolute travesty to see Bay writing Transformers 2. It's probably nothing but explosions and… more explosions!

Our friends over at IESB also caught up with both Michael Bay and ILM's Scott Farrar at the VES awards. They first questioned Bay about the fans involvement, and he did say that "the fans did have some influence on some stuff." But what exactly can expect in Transformers 2? How about the Dinobots that used to kick some serious ass in the cartoon? Unfortunately Bay confirms that there are no Dinobots, but there will be "a lot of different, new stuff." Bay continues, saying, "it's just the tip of the iceberg what you saw last movie, in terms of characters, a different types of species, I guess."

Transformers' visual effects supervisor Scott Farrar, one of ILM's head honchos, also added some more details into the mix (via IESB). Farrar said that they've already started work on Transformers 2 and and that they've seen some of the "beginning animatics and they're unbelievable." Farrar also points out the obvious, saying, "Michael's added a lot more robots" and that "this one is going to [have] a huge production value." Hopefully we can trust his word more than Bay's. Considering he works at ILM, the top digital effects house in the world (just barely above Weta Workshop), hearing him say that there are some "unbelievable scenes" is definitely a good thing.

Considering how much I actually loved Transformers last year, I will say without a doubt that I'm excited to see what Bay whips up in the sequel. Whether the far-fetched rumor about transforming air craft carries is true or not, I'm sure Transformers 2 will feature plenty of awesome new robots and plenty of explosions. Bay and the entire ILM team will be back, in fact they're already working on it, and I'm hoping that like Spider-Man 2, we'll get an even better movie than the first. Transformers 2 is currently scheduled to arrive in theaters on June 26th, 2009.

Discover More: Hype, Movie News

Link - Comments - Alex Billington - Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:03:41 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: Herbert
God help us all...I'm sorry but Bay's movies are terrible, I cant even think about how much worse this next movie will be. There's only so much Slo-Mo and BIG music a guy can take ya know?
User comment: By: Vega Bro
I like how 2 out of the 3 people that tried to disagree with me were complete retards. TheTruth, Spider, I'm glad you have stong opinions about the film, but really, read your comments back to yourself and tell me if they made any sense (because they dont...at all.) Brad on the other hand makes a valid point. I did just what you said I should do. I knew I was walking into a Special Effects parade and still, Bay completely fucked it up. You see, I wanted mindless action action, yes, occasional jokes, but what the movie ended up being was one big huge joke that I dont think I laughed at once. Mostly I cringed when the rest of the theater thought certain jokes were funny. I wanted to see it at first though, because of the trailer. There was action everywhere in the trailer, but I dont think one action scene from the movie isnt in the trailer, which kind of sucks for an action movie. And you make a very good point "You cant take a movie about giant transforming humanoid robots seriously, so why make it serious". The reason I did is because Michael Bay meant for me to take them seriously and I think the movie set out to take them seriously, and I probably would've if they did something serious, but no, for 3 hours they did nothing serious or cool or action-y. If anything, I would have wanted more action in the movie, but there wasnt any. Transformers was a faliure through and through.
User comment: By: Zerge
Right on Brad,pass the popcorn!!
User comment: By: theTruth
Vega Bro acting like he paid for the movie wit his own money. "Transformers sucked, i paid $150 mil for the movie, i giggled and laughed like a 15 year old girl for 2 hrs". just shut up b/c you gonna go see TF2 when it come out anyway
User comment: By: Brad
To be honest, if anyone can't see this movie is about nothing more than pure fun, action and (occasionally immature, yes, but light-hearted) jokes, then they should probably take the stick out of their ass before watching it again. You can't take a movie about giant transforming humanoid robots serious, so why make it serious? Things don't have to make sense, and they don't have to be logical. It's pure, mindless, larger-than-life entertainment with just enough of the other elements (drama/romance) to keep it from flying off the rails. Just suspend your beliefs and have some fun.
User comment: By: Spider
Well Vega Bro! I'm NOT about to engage in "Transformers" dissection because it would be a LONG night. I loved the flick! Clearly Vega Bro, you liked it enough to mention your favorite scenes. I'm sure you own the DVD! "Transformers" kicked a$$! Get ready to be pissed next year when "Transformers 2" rakes in more money than its predecessor!! Just read'em and weep! ...and Zach D.-- you hate Michael Bay--and CARE enough to post it----point taken!! WITH THAT SAID: Allow me the "Dirty Harry" response: "Opinions are like a$$holes--everybody's got one!"
User comment: By: Vega Bro
Ok, I want to start out by saying TRANSFORMERS SUCKED!! and I have no idea why anyone would like that ridiculous piece of shit. This movie costed 150 million dollars. Most of that money went to the special effects for the Transformers, but what did they do the whole time. Lets make a list - listened to masturbation jokes, peed on John Tuturro, giggled, laughed, told stupid jokes, hid from Shia LaBueff's parents, pretty much made into jokes, by doing a whole lot of other retarded shit except the two things I expected: Transform and Fight. They waited till the end for this to happen, but that fight was ultimately disappointing. They fought for like 5-10 minutes at the most and by that time I couldnt take any of them seriously after they have just been acting like 15 year old school girls the other 2 1/2 hours of the movie. I seriously want to know what the fuck anybody could have like about Transformers. Please, tell me. I am fucking angry that this turned into such a sensation.
User comment: By: Zach D.
My least favorite action movie director. Actually, I dislike him so much, he wouldn't even make my list of least favorite.
User comment: By: casey
i think seeing as how transformers was such an awesome movie, i dont think michael bay will ruin it. and who knows maybe the strike will end in time for the script to be reviewed or maybe rewritten by someone else. who knows. but idk what you say man i love all the action and the explosions, thats why i go to see michael bay films anyway :p
User comment: By: Spider
Never mentioned that he's my favorite....but he ranks pretty high! I admire his work---ACTION! He did an awesome job with "Transformers"!.....and NO I'm not kidding!
User comment: By: REAL6
Bwghahahahahahahahah@ everyone's favorite action movie director. YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?
User comment: By: Spider
Awesome news! Michael Bay knows action--very well! The fact that he just wrote an outline, a template, makes me realize that he wants to make a kick-a$$ follow up. He's got great ideas and it's not as if he left the writer's jobless--the writer's DO have a movie to write. Although it may be a doodle of explosions and action sequences who better than Michael Bay to come up with them. I seriously doubt that the writer's would have stopped writing if the Directors Guild were on strike. However, I'm so glad that the writer's strike is over! Loved the first "Transformers"! It seems everyone will be happy working on "Transformers 2". Can't wait for the flick!!! I think Michael Bay is one of the best action directors of all time!
User comment: By: Brad
Transformers was good enough to allow me to forgive Michael for the disaster that is Bad Boys II. That and Smith going on to do excellent performances in both Pursuit of Happyness and I Am Legend. You're in my good books, Mr. Bay.
User comment: By: Stephen
It isn't really worrying me at this point if he usually writes his scrips and then hands it over to the real writers.
User comment: By: Curtis
I loved the Transformers movie, thought Micheal Bay did a awesome job. Really looking forward to the 2nd one like you said lets hope its like Spiderman 2 meaning better then the first...
User comment: By: Heckle
While it may not be a travesty that hes writing it.....even though i didnt care for Transformers..... The fact that he didnt support the strike is worse. More concerned about money than the people that write his movies.
Visit here to subscribe to comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from FirstShowing.net.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal