Escape the Room Games

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New Star Trek Movie Plot Details - SendMeRSS

Star Trek Movie SpoilersSome significant plot information regarding the new Star Trek movie has come our way. If you read Screen Rant regularly, you'll recall that back in October we stated that there would be Klingons in the new film. This was supposedly debunked by other sites, but lo and behold, a few days ago a slip of the lip by Anton Yelchin who plays Chekov in the Star Trek 11 apparently confirmed that Klingons will indeed appear in the film.

Well now we've come across some new information about the plot regarding the USS Enterprise, the timeline aspect of the film, and a whopper of a plot spoiler that's so huge that I have decided not to reveal it.

Before I go on I want to say that I know we're all hungry for information on Star Trek (as well as other sci-fi and fantasy movies), but I think that sometimes we can tend to get carried away and end up taking away some of the joy of seeing a movie for the first time by knowing too much about it when we finally sit down to watch it.

Personally, that makes it hard to cover movie news sometimes because while I want to pass on what I know about a particular movie, sometimes I avoid reading a story because I myself don't want to see a spoiler.

So... while I'll share some of what I know, I'm going to hold some things back (and don't email me asking what they were because I won't tell you).

However, if you want to read some minor spoilers, feel free to read on. If you DON'T want any more story details, stop reading now.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


The story does not just involve time travel. It actually explores alternate timelines, and jumps between them quite a bit.

While from what we've seen so far it seems like they're being very faithful to the original Enterprise design, in an alternate timeline there will be a significantly different version of the NCC-1701. From what I've been told it will be a very kick-ass version - essentially an all-out warship.

Some of the film will also take place in the time of Star Trek: The Next Generation, although I won't say at what point in the film.

Star Trek opens on Christmas Day 2008.

TrackBack (0) | Comments (26)

Link - Vic Holtreman - Sat, 02 Feb 2008 13:58:30 GMT - Feed (1 subs)

Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from Screen Rant.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal