Escape the Room Games

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Must Watch: Red Band Pineapple Express Trailer

Pineapple Express Trailer

Wasting no time laying the groundwork for what looks to be another raucous year for Judd Apatow, a hilarious red band trailer for the August-slated Pineapple Express just cropped up. Instead of Seth Rogen being paired with the likes of Jonah Hill or Paul Rudd, he plays opposite a seemingly unlikely pick, James Franco. Surprisingly, it looks like it works. Of course, I suppose that shouldn't come as a surprise when you add weed and guns to an Apatow production. We brought you an original 4-minute clip back in December, but this "more representative" clip is a must-watch. (Before it goes away!)

Watch the red band trailer for Pineapple Express:

Thanks to CHUD for originally letting us know this beautiful trailer existed. Hopefully Sony let's you all see it before it gets taken down!

Pineapple Express is directed by David Gordon Green (of Snow Angels, Undertow, All the Real Girls) and written by the trio of Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and Judd Apatow (naturally). Express follows Rogen and Franco as they get stoned, run from cops, crash cars and fire guns. No further explanation needed. The stoner revival begins this summer on August 8th.

Pineapple Express



User comment:
This one might give dazed and confused a run for its money. And we could be witness to the best writing team this decade in Rogen Goldberg, and Apatow.
User comment:
"omg yes cant wait. anyone know the name of the song? please and thank you" The name of the song played throughout the trailer is called Paper Planes by M.I.A. Cheers
User comment:
This is good weed HA hope this is better than superbad
User comment:
i saw this movie last year at a sneak preview. its hilarious but actually isnt like superbad or knocked up, its definitely a stoner comedy and has one of the most random endings ever. this movie has a lot of random jokes. James Franco plays the most authentic stoner in this movie. this trailer actually doesn't even really show the style of the movie, you just really have to see it.
User comment:
omg yes cant wait. anyone know the name of the song? please and thank you
User comment:
Funny! Like, "Whoa dude!" This movie will be a hit! Maybe the rebooting of the stoner flick will prompt Kevin Smith to bring forth another Jay and Silent Bob romp!!! Props to Judd Apatow and Seth Rogen for continuing their streak. James Franco as a stoner is genius casting!
User comment:
I'm really excited for this one, Rogen driving at the beginning reminds me of me. Also, I would recommend picking up Kala, it is a great album.
User comment:
M.I.A Paper planes off her album Kala
User comment:
looks like a real good funny movie. Anyone know the name of that song at the end?
User comment:
This looks like its gonna be hilarious i cant wait to see this. Who knew James Franco could be so funny and Seth Rogen is the man.
User comment:
Awesome! "who knew james franco could do comedy." Watch Freaks and Geeks.
User comment:
Although I dont really buy into the whole Judd Apatow being a fucking comedy god thing, I really think this movie will be pretty funny. There are some problems with the trailer though. It looks like it showed all the most exciting parts, Seth Roegan told the same kind of joke at least three times just within the trailer, and, the biggest problem I forsee with this movie is that inherently, stoner movies are absolute shit. Even the good ones arent worth spending any money on to go to in the theaters. I'm sure nobody of average intellegence (filmwise) would see this movie if Apatow wasnt producing it (or whatever the hell he's doing). I know it would for sure wouldnt be getting as much attention on this site if it wasnt for Apatow's name being slapped on it. Back to Apatow. Alex, what makes you think he rebooted the sex comedy genre? 40 Year Old Virgin was a great first effort, but you have to admit a lot of the jokes and scenes for that matter were really stupid and just really unfunny and the woman was annoying and, like most comedies that came before it, fell apart in the third act. Whenever I watch a movie of his or hear people talking about him, I get there is this suspition of hackery I get from Apatow. I have a feeling, when our country becomes looser about sex and swearing (as it has in the past) in 10-20 years, his movies will be forgotton. The raunchyness just seems like a gimmick to me. By the way Knocked Up was worse even than 40 Year Old Virgin. His only great success in my mind is Superbad, and I dont even know exactly what he had to do with it.
User comment:
i was watching this in the library and literally LOL'ed. this looks great. who knew james franco could do comedy.
User comment:
OMG....so funny. Even better than the first trailler.
User comment:
That was great. I was laughing so loud during the windshield part that I started to choke. Can't wait!
User comment:
I was a bit worried about this but that trailer...hysterical! I nearly lost it when Franco puts his foot through the windshield! But the big seller is the song they use in that trailer. Pretty damned funny!
User comment:
I loved every second of it.
User comment:
I love it!! This looks awesome!! I said it before and I'll say it again, but this is going to reboot the stoner comedy just like Judd Apatow rebooted the sex comedy genre. I really think David Gordon Green is bringing a very unique "indie movie" touch to it. Like the music in the trailer and the feeling about everything in this. This is going to be amazing - I really can't frickin' wait!! Love that music so much, hahaha.

0 comments:

 
Información Legal