Escape the Room Games

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening Teaser Trailer - SendMeRSS

The Happening Teaser Trailer

The latest M. Night Shyamalan film is The Happening, a thriller starring Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel as well as John Leguizamo and Spencer Breslin. I'ved heard the premise before, that some sort of natural crisis causes people to begin killing themselves, but I didn't realize how intense it would be until now. And for fear of knowing too much, I'm not looking into any more of the plot. I prefer to be surprised, and for those who haven't watched it yet, this will surprise the hell out of you. This new teaser trailer is a very short introduction to The Happening, but damn does it hype this movie up.

Watch the teaser trailer for The Happening:

The Happening is both written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, of Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village and Lady in the Water previously. The movie is set to open on June 13th this summer. The poster for The Happening is featured below.

The Happening

Discover More: Hype, Trailers, Worth Watching

Link - Comments - Alex Billington - Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:40:52 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: Dan
Wow. I too was fan of Sixth Sense... everything else I've hated. This trailer makes the movie look silly. And Marky Mark... what are you doing to your career??? Anyhow, this is good reading if you're interested in the history of getting this film made: http://mysterymanonfilm.blogspot.com/2007/11/script-review-happening.html Enjoy! :)
User comment: By: Vega Bro
I dont mean to ruin the movie for you, but wait for the twist. You'll love it.
User comment: By: IHateChildren
Chris, I'm ignoring your post so I can continue to look forward to this movie. ...Argh, too late. Aren't there enough crappy films (I'm looking at YOU 'Day After Tomorrow') with the cliche formula of: 1. The very, very naughty human race get gaia's panties in a twist 2. She throws a bitch-fit and starts capping hoes 3. [Insert annoying character list here] try to survive ...And somewhere in the movie, the one of characters goes on a monologue about using dead babies instead of oil to fuel our cars (less emissions, you see), the importance of protecting the rare Vietnamese Flaming Tumbleweeds, or some other rot. Yes, I realize the environment is important, but I don't like directors shoving their personal political/social views down my throat when I'm paying $10 to see their damn movie.
User comment: By: Big Jesus Mordino
To be fair regarding the whole "which came first: The Cell, The Signal, or The Happening:" all of them are just retreads of the "motif of harmful sensation" which is about one week older than coal.
User comment: By: Tim
Why does everyone always leave their car doors open when there is an emergency?
User comment: By: Rob
Bah. The Signal just stole it from Halloween III anyway.
User comment: By: Vega Bro
I read it too and its not that simplistic. It is really good though. Very R-rated. finally.
User comment: By: Chris
I read the script about a month ago, its about plants spewing a toxin into the air instead of oxygen and its our fault cause of the way we have treated mother nature...i am not joking on bit about this either, i read script from beginning to end and it seemed ok but idk.
User comment: By: brux
Ah, thar she blows...
User comment: By: brux
Nada movie for me, as well!
always been a big fan of M. Night...some people like "St.JJ", I like the Shamalama...wish I could see the trailer...Alex, what ever system you use for most of your trailers is the only format I am able to see movie clips on...everything else trips the filters in the server here at work...please try and get it on your system soon as ya can...many thanks....
User comment: By: alain
i think nicole basically nails it... M is clearly a brilliant cinematographer, and arguably, director (his pacing is usually good, but when its off, its OFF)... my issue is with his scriptwriting. Sixth Sense was genius, but everything after that hasn't really come close. There isn't much doubt that his freshman effort was his best (as much as people may like his subsequent films, its tough to argue that any of them were better than SS). I think M could really benefit from collaborating with someone on a script, or directing something written entirely by another... Could be a good learning experience for him.
User comment: By: Vega Bro
I feel the same as fisherandsons. The guy is a very good director. Just too many things get in the way. I think a lot of people have a problem with his ego and wanting himself to be a household name (Tyler Perry has done this shamelessly and his movies arent even good). I think the biggest problem though is the fact that he was too popular. After you have a movie as successful as the Sixth Sense amoung teens there becomes this mass iconoclasm that goes on. Suddenly in a year noone will like Shyamalan anymore. He comes out with the same quality work every time, each original as the last one, but since everyone knows who did it, no one wants anything to do with it. Some individual examples are Borat, Napolean Dynomite and Hot Fuzz and it will probably happen to 300 and Juno and other popular movies amoung teens. I dont know what it is. Ask Fryod. But me, I think we are a fickle few obsessed not with what we like, but what other people like.
User comment: By: chuckheston
looks like a big budget, secularized remake of the Kirk Cameron evangelical c-movie "Left Behind" series. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190524/ could have called it "The Ratpure" but that's been taken too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102757/
User comment: By: maura
I don't know. When I saw that there was a new "M. Night Shalamanamana" I was excited. I saw this trailer and it made me think of Stephen King. I don't think it can really be a coincidence. And if you saw Signs, you know, that there are no coincidences.
User comment: By: Nicole
I avoided Lady in the Water like the plague because I didn't want it to ruin Shayamalan's films for me, but I loved Signs and The Sixth Sense. I even thought that The Village had it's moments. But generally I think his films are beautiful. While the story of this one is probably somewhat similar to Cell and The Signal, the cinematography is going to be great.
User comment: By: fisherandsons
interesting how people say that shyamalan's movies are overrated when most critics have torn apart his films after the sixth sense. the man is talented no matter if people like what he does or not. he writes in a style that is reminder of the way film used to be before the audience became so unapologetically hard to please. Alejandro Amenábar and Guillermo del Toro (the others and devils backbone) spring to mind for similar approaches it's not even like it's a quality issue, people are just never satisfied with anything anymore. directors and actors are people too and to hold them up to standards that you, yourself probably can't reach is just asking for disappointment. they're not always going to make films you like, doesn't mean they suck, just means you don't like it.
User comment: By: D
I simply adore hating this man's films. More more more!
User comment: By: Mike Dallos
Oh my...........nothing is happening!!
User comment: By: jared
Still doesnt work for me so ....someone got a link to a diff site?
Visit here to subscribe to comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from FirstShowing.net.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal