Escape the Room Games

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Is Venom Really Getting His Own Movie? - SendMeRSS

VenomWe haven't mentioned the Venom movie since last August here at Screen Rant because frankly, there's been nothing to say about it.

Back then we reported that Avi Arad said that things are coming along "awesome" regarding the Venom movie, but was tight-lipped regarding casting or any other details. I guess that with the writers' strike things have been dead in the water, but with Marvel recently cutting a side deal with the WGA it seems that things may be moving forward with this film.

IESB.net is reporting that:

"[They've] confirmed that 'the studio' has met recently with several 'A-list writers' about a spin-off film."

There hasn't been an official announcement yet, so I'm going to take this with a grain of salt.

Getting back to the Venom character - I know that he (it?) is wildly popular with many comic book fans but frankly, I just don't see the appeal. I mean, he's the bad guy. And not just your run of the mill bad guy, but a really twisted, vile bad guy.

Oh... ok, sorry... so THAT's the appeal.

I don't follow the character in the comics, so I'll admit I'm not terribly familiar with him, but as far as I know he has no redeeming qualities whether he's in full-on Venom mode or when he's hiding in his host Eddie Brock.

I suppose you can create a movie around a villain - They did it quite successfully with Silence of the Lambs, but it doesn't appeal to me much at this point.

Or am I missing something?

Source: IESB.net

TrackBack (0) | Comments (9)

Link - Vic Holtreman - Sun, 03 Feb 2008 15:00:17 GMT - Feed (1 subs)

Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from Screen Rant.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal