Escape the Room Games

Friday, February 1, 2008

Alan Tudyk still Confident in Firefly: Serenity 2 - SendMeRSS

Alan Tudyk’s “Wash” was likely my favourite character on Firefly/Serenity and a real classy guy. So when MovieHole got Tudyk on the phone to chat, of course the topic of a sequel to Serenity was brought up. Alan is pretty hopeful that there will be a sequel despite the slap on the wrist he got for suggesting it would happen.

Moviehole quotes Mr Tudyk

“My opinion – I have to couch it that way – is yes”, says Tudky, on the line from Los Angeles. “But I can't give you anything beyond that. I had heard something, that there was going to be one and said so, and got in sooo much trouble. I was in Melbourne when I said it, and I got back to the States and I had a message from Joss Whedon asking how I was planning to finance it. … But in my opinion there will be one.”

The interesting thing of course is that this is one actor who would have little to do with a sequel if it did happen but by some sort of insight he is confident it will eventually happen.

The fanbase is being fed a video game that lets you travel the ‘verse Firefly style, conventions still happen and very strange fanfiction is being written daily about this stuff. Frankly the Browncoats are keeping the dream alive.

All this over a 13 episode season of a show? I thought the show had insane potential and was happy to see the fans were given a Serenity movie to wrap it all up.

With the way TV is headed during this strike and how studios are reconsidering series, you would think they would pony up to the fanbase to get a show on the road. People were not hopeful of Firefly being uncancelled, but they got a movie. Animated series like Family Guy and Futurama were uncancelled due to popular demand. Why not Firefly?

Any series that can include a preacher saying “If you take sexual advantage of her, you’re going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.” has my vote!

I think someday someone will get the idea that the fans are waiting for this and figure they can make some money on it. Alan is probably right.

It will happen, someday. We’re still flying.

Link - Comments - john@themovieblog.com (John Campea) - Fri, 01 Feb 2008 05:48:56 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
User comment: By: bert belgium
i'v been planning on watching the entire series, but so far I have only gone about four episodes far, I'm just not getting hooked in like I was with the BSG miniseries, it just doesn't do it for me!! so either way, no loss for me!!
User comment: By: Karl Hungus
I'll be honest here, I'm very skeptical about this. Not that I'm not a fan, I loved Firefly and Serenity, but I'm not getting onboard with this. I really don't want to get any hopes up, just because Alan said... What did he say? That in his opinion it's a yes? Sorry, I just don't buy that after Joss said there would be no sequel. I'd need some more serious news before I hop on board the excitement train to dissapointmentville.
User comment: By: ouija
well, not that the suits in Hollywood care...but I would be in line opening night for another Firefly inspired movie. As would most of my friends.
User comment: By: Darren J Seeley
Rodney- While I-and others- would welcome a DTV sequel to Serenity, I'm not following your question you ask. I'm still scratching my head. "With the way TV is headed during this strike and how studios are reconsidering series, you would think they would pony up to the fanbase to get a show on the road." While the strike's days (hopefully) are numbered, with a strike still in force, any new show or resurrected show or film would still not be made. Correct? Correct. The fans of Lost want a full season of Lost, but due to the strike they won't get it. 24 is MIA this season (primarily) due to the strike. There's nothing the fans of 24 can do about it. Bringing a show like Firefly back is an uphill battle enough. Animated series like Family Guy and Futurama were uncancelled due to popular demand. Why not Firefly? Take your pick: 1) Futurama had high ratings when it started. 2) There was a bigger audience/letter campaign for Family Guy/Futurama 3) There wasn't a big enough audience for Firefly at the time 4) There STILL isn't a big enough audience for Firefly- only a small percentage went to see Serenity. Even if a common complaint is that the film was poorly marketed, that's not an excuse. If the fanbase is that big, they would know when the film is coming out. If they all showed up that's a small percentage. If they didn't show, thinking 'wait for DVD"...? 5) It was a good show. A lot of good shows get canned. A lot of fans of such shows write in. Many shows do not get saved. While a fair arguement could be made that FOX bumped the show around, treating it like dirt (and they did, with a good reason, that being the friction between them and Joss Whedon) - the ratings were low. 6) For every Star Trek or Police Squad (Naked Gun) there is a Twin Peaks or a Serenity at the box office. Yes, I love Twin Peaks. I loved Fire Walk With Me. It still shit bricks at the box office. Same thing with Serenity. Hate it or love it, it still shit the bed at the box office. ***** And as for my own view, Joss Whedon is a bit overrated at times.
User comment: By: RonSalon
I loved this show I own both, movie and series. I highly suggest it to everyone. And it would be great if they make another movie.
User comment: By: The Darr
Firefly (and Serenity) was some of the best sci-fi entertainment I've ever seen--and I'm a sci-fi nut. This series' short lifespan is one of the most frustrating situations in television in my opinion, and truly shows how little people pay attention to their audience(s). At least there's an unbelievable level of originality waiting within said media outlet's wings--oh wait, there isn't. Remakes/Sequels ahoy!
User comment: By: Mozzerino
Yeah well, it's nice to know what Alan Tudick has to say, but it's not like his opinion matters. At all. He's just an actor and as along as Whedon himself doesn't get behind it full steam himself, nothing will happen. It's a shame of course, but more than enough has been said about the waste of the insane potential this franchise has to offer. No need for repeats here.
Visit here to subscribe to these comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from The Movie Blog.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal