Escape the Room Games

Friday, February 22, 2008

10,000 B.C.: They REALLY Want You To Go See It - SendMeRSS

10,000 BC movie: They REALLY Want You To Go See ItI'm already prepared for the haters, the "hey man, can't you just enjoy a #$#$%ing movie" commenters, and the "movie reviewers don't know $#$#" crowd on this one. I think that 10,000 B.C. will be lame at best and laughable at worst.

Director Roland Emmerich has been wildly hit or miss with the movies he's made. On the good side, he brought us the original Stargate movie, the fun popcorn flick Independence Day and the Mel Gibson movie The Patriot. On the other hand he's also brought us Universal Soldier, Godzilla and The Day After Tomorrow.

Now call me crazy, but I think the latest news on this one supports my opinion of it. It's being reported by various sources that not one but two trailers to movies that are very buzzworthy will be attached to 10,000 B.C. when it opens. The kind of trailers that are almost enough to drag people to see a movie just for the trailer itself.

Which trailers am I talking about?

A new trailer for The Dark Knight and the first trailer for the Ed Norton-starring The Incredible Hulk.

Everyone is already excited beyond belief for The Dark Knight, and people are super-curious about The Incredible Hulk since there's been almost no marketing of it so far. I think that the opportunity to see new trailers for both of these is a big draw.

I may be misreading this, but in my opinion this says that the studio feels it needs some extra "oomph" to get people to show up to see this movie. (I wonder what my buddy Chris over at Movie Marketing Madness would have to say about this).

To me, based on the movie trailer, it looks like a perfect contender for Mystery Science Theater 3000 if it was still around. The actors are too attractive, especially the babe in the film, the spoken English is too common (I don't know what I'd expect... some sort of accent or something), and it just looks like an uber-CGI-fest.

Feel free to bookmark this post and come back after the movie opens to agree or tell me I was completely wrong. :-)

10,000 B.C. opens on March 7, 2008.

Source: JoBlo.com

TrackBack (0) | Comments (13)

Link - Vic Holtreman - Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:07:51 GMT - Feed (1 subs)

Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from Screen Rant.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal