Escape the Room Games

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fantastic Four Frianchise Is Buried

4FWe learn today that the Fantastic Four franchise may be dead like dinner. We get the news thanks to the following interview with MTV:

"I'm pretty sure we won't do [another] one," insisted "Fantastic Four" star Chris Evans, who excelled in two films as the Human Torch. "I'm assuming that one is a closed book."

It might be for the best. When we spoke with Evans in June, he acknowledged the failings of the first two movies, but said he still thought the franchise's "potential has not been reached." "I still think this can be something great, and I think we are getting closer," he said at the time. ""I think that if ["FF2″] does ok and people respond with the appreciation of a more serious tone, hopefully [with] the third one we can inch closer to a legitimate cast and a legitimate film."

As much as I hated the Fantastic Four movies, I always felt bad for Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis. They both did an outstanding job as their characters and it is a damn shame they didn’t have a decent movie to work with. I consider this to be extremely good news and hope that we see another shot at the Fantastic Four after a good decade of cleansing has passed.

In remembrance of the franchise - I would like us all to write a 5-7-5 Haiku:

Gulag of mistakes
Galactus was a storm cloud
Burn in hell, for real

0 comments:

 
Información Legal