Escape the Room Games

Monday, December 17, 2007

AFI’ S Top Ten Of 2007 - SendMeRSS

Afi1-1People love lists, and I have one for you! The AFI does not have a winner but simply releases a list of what they consider to be the top 10 per annum. The list is made available to us thanks to the mysterious caves of Yahoo:

“No Country for Old Men,” the oil saga “There Will Be Blood” and the legal drama “Michael Clayton” were among critical favorites that landed on the American Film Institute’s list of the year’s 10 best movies.

Also on the AFI’s list, released Sunday, were the jewel-heist story “Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead,” the stroke-victim tale “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly,” the road drama “Into the Wild,” the pregnancy comedies “Juno” and “Knocked Up,” the animated rodent comedy “Ratatouille,” and the sibling comic drama “The Savages.”

I must admit, there are a few films I still need to catch on this list. From what I have seen - I have no complaints. I consider the AFI lists to be some of the most valuable out there when it comes to film, and consider their top 10’s as handy guides when looking for rentals from yesteryear. I would have added Beowulf to the list, I can tell you that right now, and Enchanted as well. I will need to see all the films however before I deride the AFI for not including them. I love Beowulf more than most and consider this film a must own when it appears on DVD. We swam for five days!

What about you guys? Any films missing that you would like to see on the list? Are their any films on the list that you feel should be smitten from it?

Link - Comments - john@themovieblog.com (John Campea) - Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:39:59 GMT - Feed (2 subs)
Visit here to subscribe to these comments
Sent using SendMeRss.com.
Visit here to unsubscribe from The Movie Blog.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

0 comments:

 
Información Legal