Escape the Room Games

Friday, August 1, 2008

Dragonball Pics - Goku, Chi-Chi and Mai

I’ve already said it many times, but I’ll say it again anyway… Dragonball is the next Speed Racer. A property whose current popularity and potential audience is being drastically overestimated with source material that does not lend itself to becoming a decent live action movie. This movie will tank.

Having said that… damn I’d take “Mai” to dinner anywhere she wanted to go and whenever she’d agree to be seen in public with me (which probably means never). Thanks to Jarred for the pics. There is a water mark on the images, but I can’t find a corresponding site. If you know where they came from, please drop me a note and let me know.

Goku

DB-12-1.jpg

Chi-Chi

DB-12-Chi.jpg

Mai

DB-12-Mai.jpg


User comment:
I still think they should of made a Dragonball Z movie instead of a Dragonball one. Goku looks the age he was at the very end of the Dragonball series. Only the first trailer can help predict how it will do.
User comment:
Oh, and all of what I wrote above is assuming they get an R rating, like the director wants. I'm sure DBZ will be the next one, and it would make sense, because no matter what rating they got for that, people will go see it just for Vegeta, and seeing him kill some people...like always.
User comment:
Let me begin by saying that I'm not a big fan of Dragonball...at all. However, I honestly think the movie will surprise most people as to how good it will be. The reviews won't be anything amazing and chances are it won't take in a whole lot of money, but if the action is as cheesy and over-the-top as it was in the TV show, then it'll be worth watching. However, I've been hearing how many things they are actually putting in the movie, which might give it a sort of "stretched out" feeling. Judging by the amount of sets and numerous locations where they filmed, I assume they have a pretty decent budget, so I hope the flying and jumping will be done well. I'm actually surprised at how well the casting was done, Goku and Bulma especially. They look pretty much how they would look if the cartoon was brought to real life without using wigs. Chi-chi looks a bit odd, but it'll work, and I don't remember Mai, but she's delicious. I have faith in this movie being better than the new Punisher or the new Wolverine...hopefully I'm right, that way everybody wins.
User comment:
Dragonball is not really for kids it was censored in north america for its pervesion, violence and language. but the original japanese uncut version is available on DVD
User comment:
Yeah this is dragonball not dragonball Z, so I am thinking no vegeta, although he was my favorite character of the series as well. The pictures of goku in this dont seem to show the true character of goku, who is an always smiling never take anything seriously kid who kicks the crap out of everything. This guy playing him just looks relaly serious, even though that is the opposite of the character. We will see though. And I do think dragon ball has a bigger following than speed racer, especially considering the asian fans.
User comment:
Dragonball is for kids. Where is my DBZ. When Vagetta his the screen for the first time, I think I'll have a heart attack. I remember once, Goku and friends gave him a pink shirt to wear. And when he puts it on he says, " What is this Karorrot? I am a warrior, not a variety of flower. "My #1 favorite cartoon character.
User comment:
I keep thinking this will be more along the lines of "Transformers" since it was greenlighted shortly after that movie's success. I'm guessing they're under heavy pressure from the studio to keep it from looking anything like "Speed Racer." I really want to see some footage already. I will agree that they're waging too much on the fanbase for this. Up until we got that Chi-Chi pic just now, there was no indication on the posters that this was even an action movie. It was just people standing around. You spent a $100M on this, Fox - you better sell the premise and not just the faces.
User comment:
Here's the basic story A monkey-tailed boy named Son Goku is found by an old martial arts expert and raised as his grandson. One day, during a full moon, Goku transforms into a giant ape and accidentally kills his adopted grandfather, but later has no recollection of it. Several years later, Bulma, on a quest to retrieve the seven Dragon Balls and have her wish granted by the dragon that will appear, meets Goku, now living alone with the four-star Dragon Ball that he treats as his dead grandfather. Goku decides to accompany Bulma on her quest, and along the way, meets and befriends many martial artists, undergoes rigorous martial arts training regimes and educational programs, and faces various challengers and villains, often at the Tenka-ichi Budōkai.
User comment:
we cant tell if this movie will be good or bad just yet- but some people seem to KNOW its going to suck... the only thing we can get out of these pictures is ONE and only one thing...hell be wearing blue instead of brown or orange or red- which is good...but thats it...theres nothing here pointing towards the posibility of it being bad or good. idk where you guys see the "this movie will be bad" sign anywho i like the fact that his pajamas arent red or orange i like the blue look better...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to be a huge fan of dragonball and dbz, and I really dont know how I feel about this movie. Since its been "modernized", with the whole high school scene and everyone being teens and the actors playing the characters seem a bit...off. Anybody notice it doesnt look like Piccolo doesnt have his infamously large ears and antenna that he had in the series? If he doesnt, then thats just sad. And Chi-Chi's asian but not Goku? Hmmm....And why is Mai in this?, I completely forgot WHO she was when I saw the cast list, shes in dragonball yeah, but she has nothing to do with Piccolo...oh well, Im gonna miss Vegeta being in it, but maybe they will do another one. Just kinda wish it had been more true to the series. Otherwise, hope it goes well.

 
Información Legal