Escape the Room Games

Saturday, September 20, 2008

xXx: The Return of Xander Cage

Xander CageVin Diesel is returning to XXX! We get this strange scoop from our friends at the movieweb:

Columbia Pictures is in negotiations with producer Joe Roth to develop a new version of xXx, and plans to bring back Vin Diesel as star and Rob Cohen as director..

The third incarnation has a title, xXx: The Return of Xander Cage, but no script. Diesel has agreed to return and so has Cohen, but talent deals won’t be worked out until the studio pact is made. No word on when production will begin.

Well I didn’t expect this news to greet me in the morning!

When I first heard about the plot for the original XXX, I remember thinking “what a ridiculous idea,” fast forward to news of the sequel (with Ice Cube) and I remember shaking my head in confusion. Now we have news of a third XXX film, Vin is returning to a franchise no one cares about, and a role that will only kick additional dirt on the grave of his career. If I were Vin, I would have stayed far away from this one - but I don’t make the rules.

My morbid curiosity however, is in full swing. Could The Return Of Xander Cage be the greatest XXX film to date just by being mediocre? One thing is certain - I will have to have a 3 film XXX extravaganza. During intermissions between films only the music of Ice Cube will be played, it will be an evening of peculiar celebration and binge drinking.

No word yet on when this is set for release, (or if it will even make it to theaters) but we will be sure to keep you posted!

0 comments:

 
Información Legal